Friday, January 13, 2006

You Are My Joy



I wanted to share my prayer for today with you so that you would know how to pray for me.

God, it's hard to know why things happen the way they do, why you bring us to certain places in our earthly life that rob us of our joy. People who say one thing and do another rob us. People who flaunt assets and financial gain rob us. People who have it better than we do help aid us in our robbing of joy. There are so many joyous things in my life and so many things I have to be thankful for but in some ways I have lost my joy. There are so many things that bring me joy that I want to do and can't because of a stipulation in my covenant with you. You have brought me to a state of contentment in my life, and I've never been more content, but I'm ready for my joy back. I'm ready for the excitement, the opportunity to minister freely without any hindrances. God I said yesterday that you are my Provider and my Provision. "Restore unto me the joy of who you are". I want to able to find joy in the little things and in the miracles. I want to enter into your presence with joy and thanksgiving. I can say "Thank you Jesus", but am I joyfully saying it? God, bring me to a place today where I can say without hesitancy, without restraint, without caution, and with all of my faith that YOU ARE MY JOY!!!

No comments: