Thursday, January 12, 2006

Miracle Stories


Sorry it's been so long! I will try to be better at blogging my heart and soul out. I do have some miracle stories I want to share. God is still in the miracle business by the way!!!

My husband and I have recently had to come to the place in our lives where we have had to utterly rely on God for everything, even the little things. For example: A bed. Jason and I needed a new bed. Starting a new church doesn't leave a lot of money left over after paying bills if any. We have had our bed since we were married and I slept in it about a year before that, so this bed is about 10 years old and we are feeling it in our backsides--trust me. We would wake up every day with a sore something. We began to discuss that we needed to start praying for a bed, specifically a mattress. Within a week our friends had an extra mattress in storage that we tried out and it has helped so much. Now God didn't lavish us with a brand new Sleep Number, but he did give us exactly what we needed.

Another specific prayer that we asked was answered. Now don't feel sorry for us when I tell you this because God has purposefully called us to be in this position and we have never been more content with our lives or more humbled. The reason is this: last month we almost weren't able to make our car payment. With all the extra expenses of Christmas and life, etc., we were struggling to make our payment. On Monday we sat down and talked about what we were going to do and we both decided to just pray specifically for the dollar amount. We couldn't have less and we didn't need more. We specifically prayed about it for a week. The following Monday we were going to have to make the payment. The day before (on Sunday) I was out of town that weekend with a friend and Jason called me and told me that Saturday when he went to go get the mail there was check from State Farm (of all places) giving us back some overpaid insurance money on our Mortgage. First of all, we sold our house in May and this was December - WOW!! Second of all, it was for the exact amount we needed to pay our car payment - DOUBLE WOW!!!!

I share this with you to remind you that miracles are happening because even though these might seem like tiny and insignificant things to some people, these are huge blessings and miracles to us. All I can say is "Thank you Jesus!!!!" He is my Provider and my Provision.

6 comments:

schwalka said...

WOW!!!! I love this stuff. Praise God he is so good!
Glad you are posting again!

schwalka said...

also why are you awake at 5:56 am. I rolled out of bed 10 minutes b4 I left. I'm sooo lazy!

Holly Bollinger Photography & Design said...

My clock is wrong. I think I posted it about 8:15am - weird!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing Holly. It is great to hear happy stories.

On the sleep note - I slept for 14 hours last night and didn't get out of bed until noon! I am home sick from work today. yucky stomach bug!

Holly Bollinger Photography & Design said...

Sorry your sick Jess. Jason's sick too!!! We have all been sick lately. Get better :)

Holly Bollinger Photography & Design said...

Hey Jess, do you have a blog?