Tuesday, March 21, 2006

What's Wrong With Me?


OMG (That means "Oh My Gosh" Brian)!!! I'm beginning to think that I am supposed to have something wrong with me all the time. I have been sick for the past 3 months, yes months, with drainage and yuckiness. Then all of a sudden last Monday night, I was slapped in the face, literally, with a really bad pain. I thought it was a toothache, but I wasn't sure. The next day I got in to see the dentist ASAP and he couldn't figure out what was wrong with me. He did some tests on my teeth and I left there thinking I had TMJ--crazy huh? So I came home with a mouthguard and a prescription for vicadin, which I was really happy about, until I found out that vicadin doesn't work on me. He called in another prescription for a muscle relaxer but it didn't work either. So yesterday (6 days and a lot of pain later) I went back to see the dentist and he said he is 99.9% sure it's my tooth. Isn't that what I said it was in the first place--a toothache? Shouldn't I be getting the $100 an hour (or whatever he gets) to answer my own question of WHAT"S WRONG WITH ME?

The answer is (according to him), I have to have a root canal and a crown done on the same tooth. He said it will be pretty pricey but that I need to do it or I could lose my tooth. Although the sound of losing a tooth was pretty bad, I was ultimately more concerned about the pricey part. I asked him how pricey it was and he responded, "About $1800!!" Well, then I fell out of the dental chair, not literally, but I wanted to. Who has $1800 for one tooth? Certainly not me!!! He still wants me to get a second opinion, but I have to wait another week to get that, with more pain.

So, please pray for me and my poor tooth, and for that matter, my poor checkbook that will be taking a serious hit.

P.S. My husband was wonderful all week. He took great care of me!!! Thanks Baby :)

7 comments:

Jason said...

It's true, I can't believe you've been so sick for so long. I wish that you'd feel better. I know it's been hard to do all the things you normally do. Thanks for working so hard to do the things we have to do. I love you.

carahinojosa said...

$1,800...obsurd

Hope you feel better soon.

Jess said...

Speaking from experience here - DEFINITELY get the tooth fixed. I have just spent 2 years dealing with several root canals and the pain was unbelievable. This is too much to say on here - I will email you. I am getting my second crown today actually.

Jess said...

Also, I don't think pain medicine actually works in these situations. Try putting clove oil on it. It works the best.

schwalka said...

Ow Holly! I'm so sorry!!!!

Holly Bollinger Photography & Design said...

Thanks everyone--yea this is the worst pain ever. It might hurt worse to start shelling out the money though--OUCH!!!!

Charity said...

Ask for Oxycodone or Hydromorphine, my new best friends!