Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Funny Moments


Okay I usually write serious or pensive blogs but I thought I would add a funny one. Enjoy!!!

Okay three ladies all in their twenties and college graduates, just figured some things out in their adult lives. (I won't use names to protect their identities) BUT it's still funny!!!

1. A friend of mine was talking with her husband about maps and about where states were located. Her son has recently discovered maps and is very interested so it's a big topic around their house. So as they were talking he asked her where Alaska was and she said, "By Hawaii."

Details: She actually thought Alaska was by Hawaii because that's where they place it on the US map sometimes---funny huh!!!!

2. Another friend of mine was playing an old school NES (Nintendo) game called McKids (shown above). It's the old McDonald's game. She kept calling it M-C(pronounced Em Cee) Kids, and saying that she can't get past a certain level and I asked her which level on the McKids game it was and she stopped me and said, "Oh my gosh! I just figured out that I have been saying M-C Kids and it's McKids--like McDonalds."

Details: She can't believe the thought never crossed her mind that it was McKids like McDonalds or McNuggets. Silly girl!!!!

3. Last but not least, a girl I know was watching a kids show on TV with her son (set in Australia) and they were walking towards a BBQ grill and one of the kids said, "Let's put another shrimp on the barbie." At that moment she realized that the Australian usage for the word "barbie" actually meant BBQ Grill.

Details: That was about me!!!!! I can't believe I never put two and two together. It makes perfect since now but I just thought it was a phrase that only Australians used. At least I can admit it!!

Hope you had a good laugh :)

7 comments:

Jess said...

Until recently a "friend" of mine thought that chest of drawers was actually chester drawers. How silly!

schwalka said...

I have a friend who thinks an Awning (you know a canopy of sorts or covering) is an "Awnnie" I just don't have the heart to tell her otherwise.
maybe she just mumbles...cute either way.

Holly Bollinger Photography & Design said...

Those are funny!!!

Charity said...

You know the phrase "for all intents and purposes"? I've always thought it was "for all intensive purposes"! They mean the same thing anyways.

schwalka said...

wow charity...I just learned something! makes sense though now thta I know what it really is!

Rebecca said...

Yeah, and did you know that aka is also known as? I'm ashamed to admit - I didn't.

I guess we all have something :)

Holly Bollinger Photography & Design said...

and I guess no one's perfect :)