Thursday, March 09, 2006

Isn't It Ironic


Okay I guess this would qualify as another funny story, although my body isn't laughing too much.

Last night after Deeper, (our weekly Bible Study) we stopped by the grocery store to get a few items. My son kept whining in the car because he was thirsty and wanted a drink so like good parents we headed towards the 25 cent coke machines outside the grocery store (which is probably in itself--a whole other blog). None of those machines worked, so we headed to one of the coolers at the front of the store and swiped one for Jake. I realized in that moment that we were planning on paying for it--but other people could easily get away with that---especially with a kid. BUT don't get any ideas.

Anyway, we started our shopping venture. When we came to the back row of meat, Jake spilled a little bit of his Sprite. So I politely asked the meat manager (or whatever they are called) to come and clean it up before someone walked through it and fell. He did, and he was very glad I told him. I guess most people don't--weird. So that made me feel good that I stopped a potential accident.

We then headed for the Produce section and all of a sudden my feet were slipping all over the floor. I was trying my hardest not to fall, and thankfully my husband was there to catch me because if he wasn't, I would have certainly busted it right there on the floor of HEB. There was some sort of slippery, soapy, substance on the floor--like a foamy, yucky mess. I guess someone didn't show me the same courtesy. Afterwards, yet again, I went and found the Produce Manager (or whatever he's called) and told him. He was also very grateful that I told him so no one else would get hurt.

I'm glad I was the one though. What if it had been a little old lady? She would have been seriously hurt. I could have been too if it wasn't for my husband the hero. I did get hurt though, I twisted my knee and hurt my back and neck trying not to fall--but I'm okay. I'm just wondering how no one else fell. This was 9:30 at night. It had to have been sitting there for a while--foaming!!! My flesh wanted to sue--but I think I would have actually had to break something or get a concussion or something. But isn't ironic that after my thoughtful clean up on aisle "Meat" I almost bust it on aisle "Mango". Oh, well! I just thought I would share my irony with you all.

2 comments:

schwalka said...

just last night, My friend Jennifer kindly asked "Do you need help carrying all that salsa?" seconds later hers spilled everywhere. There is just no love it seems for the good samaritan!

Holly Bollinger Photography & Design said...

Exactly--my point--thank you!!