Wednesday, March 29, 2006

God's Provision


A few weeks ago, we were beginning to wonder if I was ever going to find a way to make a little extra cash. Since all we have is "New House" on the brain, we have begun to be a little anxious about our money situation. I'm not sure why? We know God will provide, so we decided to start praying for me to find a job. It had to be a job where I would only be away from Jacob a little bit or not at all, so we continued to pray. One morning I woke up and found an e-mail in my inbox from a guy I didn't know. I read it to find out it was the husband of our realtor who owns 2 websites. His wife had told him I did graphic work so he contacted me about working for him part-time. Well, I jumped at the opportunity and my first assignment was a brochure for a church. Not exactly out of the realm of my expertise; graphics and church. He told me I would need to work from home. Wow--I think I can handle that.

That same week I e-mailed a friend of mine who is an Assistant Principal of a private school in town to see if they needed any subs so I could maybe sub one day a week. She immediately e-mailed me back and said that they had just had a meeting that morning and prayed for subs to apply because there were very few. I'm so glad I asked. Now I feel like I am helping them out more than helping myself.

Last year, we felt like God told us to give away some of our furniture to a family in San Marcos who had moved here because of Hurricane Katrina. They had nothing. So, we gave them our Washer/Dryer, our dining room table and chairs, and a few more items. Also, we have never owned another bed besides ours and Jacob's so we wanted to have a new bed for our guest room. Not long after we began praying for the furniture we would need for our house, God provided yet again. A friend of ours has a sister that's getting married and she his moving into her soon-to-be husband's home so she is giving us her Washer/Dryer and a Queen size bed with frame, mattress, box spring, etc. A friend of ours from church has a dining room table that won't fit into her apartment and she said that we could have it. The same friend with the sister that's getting married called me tonight and asked if we needed a chair, and of course we can use anything at this point. She said that she has a leather recliner in her garage that's in perfect condition and asked if we would like to have it. I told her I needed to ask Jason and he said "YES" very loudly. It's a recliner--need I say more :)

Isn't God awesome? I can't begin to describe to you the feeling of having a loving and giving God who provides for our every need. Thank you God!!!!

For another provision story, see my husband's blog.

1 comment:

Jason said...

It really is crazy that what God orders He pays for. It sure is fun to be able to be in a position where He keeps coming through for us. Amazing.

Love you.