Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Ode to Jacob

Tomorrow is my son's 4th Birthday!!! I can't believe he is already 4. I am so blessed to have him as a son. He is the most wonderful, beautiful person in the world. God has truly blessed our lives with this little boy. He is so excited about having a CARS birthday party. He can't wait. It will be so much fun.

As I was getting things ready for the party, I thought that it would be cool if I showed everyone what he looked like at each of his birthdays. What a joy he has been in our lives. Here are some things he has done these past 4 years that have made us laugh, cry, and everything in between. . .

Before he was 1. . .

- He loved watching Finding Nemo. He watched it almost every day.
-We called him "The Gimp" when he crawled. He would crawl with one leg correct and the other he would just drag across the floor!
- He was Yoda for his first Halloween













1st Birthday Picure!


1 Year Old. . .
- He raised his hands and worshipped during a David Crowder Concert. It was a very proud moment for Jason and I. I think he knew exactly what he was doing!
- He couldn't talk but he could say "Toot Toot!" because he loved Thomas the Train.
- He knew all of his colors before he was 2. He learned them by us saying Blue like Thomas, Red like James, Green like Percy.










2nd Birthday Picture!

2 Years Old. . .
- One day he just started talking in complete sentences. Smart kid!
- One night while we were praying, he asked to pray for his friend Will. I talked with Will's mom and she told me he was sick the day before but he was better that day. Jacob prayed for him, Will got better, and we didn't even know he was sick.
- When you asked him what worship was, he would say, “It’s my Daddy singing!"










3rd Birthday Picture

3 Years Old. . .

-He always wanted to watch America's Funniest Home Videos. We would watch them together a lot. He would laugh so hard. It was hilarious. He called it "The Funny Show."
- One night at church, his teacher asked him how he knew God existed and he said, "Because of Jesus Christ!!"
- HE LEARNED HOW TO PEE PEE IN THE POTTY!!!!!!!

God, thank you for this wonderful little blessing named Jacob. Thank you for 4 fun years. I pray that he would grow in wisdom and stature and favor with you God. Thank you for his life, and thank you for entrusting him to our care! Amen!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUDDY!!! MOMMY LOVES YOU!!!!!

P.S. - After his party I'll post his 4th Birthday picture!!

No comments: