Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Surprise! Surprise!


Okay so our devious friends, the Guenther's (A.K.A. The Spillers) told us they were coming over Monday night for dinner. This was supposed to be the night we went out to eat with a family from River Stone, but we cancelled it because the Guenther's said they really needed to talk to us about something, so they were bringing dinner to our house Monday night. I called Christy that afternoon to make sure I didn't need to do anything and she said no so I told her we would talk more that night. About 6:00 the doorbell rang and Jacob was so happy his friend Caleb was coming over so we let him answer the door. He had a little trouble opening it so dad went to help. I was in the kitchen washing a bowl for salsa (yes, our dishwasher is broken). They opened the door and I heard "SURPRISE!!!!" We told the Guenther's that they could come over for dinner, not bring 40 other people from River Stone, but to our astonishment they were all there for a Surprise Housewarming. I was shocked and really have no words to describe how I felt when I saw 40 of the sweetest, most loving people bring me dinner, presents, and a special prayer session over our home. It was the best surprise ever. Thank you to everyone who helped plan it and present us with the nicest, most selfless, thoughtful surprise in the world. We love you all, even you Guenther's. :) (It was just a good thing I cleaned that day Brian & Christy!!!!!)

P.S. - Here's a picture of everyone in our backyard praying a blessing over us and our home---How amazing!!!!!

4 comments:

Jason said...

I really had no idea. I'm amazed that you guys pulled it off, and it was a huge blessings. Thank you so much for washing our feet.

Traci Vanderbush said...

Holly,
It looks like you have a great church family. How encouraging!
I've been looking for blogging pastors' wives to help with a project I'm working on. I was a pastor's wife until Nov 2005 when my husband and I resigned due to severe burn out. Would you please visit my blog and leave comments on my June 9th blog?
Thank you.
yellowlady.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

So I'm obligated to comment on your blog since I wasn't invited to this 'lil party! I loved to hear about it, glad y'all had a great time:-)

Holly Bollinger Photography & Design said...

Who wasn't invited? And no one's ever obligated!!!