Saturday, June 17, 2006

Happy Dance!!!


That's exactly what I feel like doing, a happy dance. My son who earlier in the year had no desire to pee pee in the potty decided this week he wanted to be a big boy. He has done incredible!! I am so proud of him. He's going without even being told, and he keeps himself dry at night and goes first thing when he wakes up. I guess everyone was right when they said when he's ready, he'll do it on his own. Well. . .he finally did!!! Jason even went and got him some new big boy underwear (trains, and fire engines, and some other ones too). We are well on our way to having a big boy 4 year old. Now if we can just get him to go number 2 in the potty, my life will be much easier. :)

4 comments:

Jody said...

I was a nanny for a little boy who refused to learn to potty train. Now he's much more regular about it, but you have to shower accolades all over him and he BEAMS with pride. I never thought I would be one to congratulate someone on such an achievement!

carahinojosa said...

Go Jacob! Go Jacob!

Holly Bollinger Photography & Design said...

Amy: I always knew when he did it, he would just go for it all the way and he did, yes it was worth the wait!!!

Jody: I know it's a little strange cheering on someone who's peeing or poo-pooing in the potty, but it's rite of passage I guess :)

Cara: I know. He did it!! I'm so proud!!!!

Now he can turn four in a few months :) (I was threatening him with no birthday party until he did--maybe that did the trick)!!!

schwalka said...

Yea!! I know its not the same but I experienced the same beaming pride when Mr Watson finally learned to swim to the steps of the pool when he falls in (he used to just claw at the side and it scared me for him when he was out alone) Now he can live!!
oh, I finally blogged again