Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Friendship on Fire


Today my husband and I have been married 8 wonderful years. In a movie I recently saw, a guy told his girlfriend that "love is friendship on fire". I feel that way about Jason. We were friends for a while before becoming boyfriend/girlfriend & then man and wife. At first we were timid and shy around each other, then we learned to have respect for one another, that grew to love, and then that grew to being in love. Once we were married it turned to fire. . .and I'll stop there! ;) (Wink, Wink)

Ever since I heard that phrase though, I can't help but thinking it's true! I looked up some words that descibe fire. Here are some "fire" words that I think also describe love:

"burning, scintillation, sparks, warmth, light, eagerness, energy, enthusiasm, excitement, exhilaration, fervency, heartiness, heat, intensity, life, light, liveliness, luster, passion, radiance, sparkle, spirit, splendor, virtuosity, vivacity, zeal, ignite, set ablaze, arouse, electrify, enliven, enthuse, exalt, inspire, intensify, intoxicate, irritate, provoke, thrill"

I have felt all of those things for Jason. Fire, sparks, excitement, passion; they all describe how I feel. We really do have a friendship that's on fire!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY BABY!!! I love you a million Astros games!

5 comments:

Jason said...

8 years just keeps getting better. It's amazing how much more I love you now. You're amazing, and I thank God for you.

Now about that flame...

carahinojosa said...

Happy Anniversary, y'all. Now if you'll excuse me, after reading all those words that describe fire, I need to find Freddy!!!

schwalka said...

get a room!
j/k
Happy anniversary you guys!!
Love you

Holly Bollinger Photography & Design said...

You guys are so funny. I love you all too!!!

Traci Vanderbush said...

Keep the fires burning! I've been married almost 15 years and while there have been moments where we had to fan the flames to keep them going, our fire is hotter than ever! May God bless your marriage richly. Have fun!