Tuesday, May 02, 2006

What the Hail?


A few weeks ago San Marcos experienced a very damagaing hail storm. I had just ordered a pizza from Dominos when I heard the loudest sound ever. It was barely sprinkling outside and all of a sudden it started hailing like mad for about 20-30 minutes!! I turned on the weather channel and heard rumors of 4 possible tornados in the area so I immediately put Jacob in the closet not just because of impending tornadoes but because the hail was so loud and hard and big that I actually thought it was going to break all of our windows. It was the loudest, longest hailstorm I have ever been in. . .until today, yes, again. Our friends from England were here spending the day with us and we had to take them back to San Antonio this afternoon and on our way there it started lightning and hailing and pouring down rain. We made it to the house where they were staying okay but as we were leaving it started hailing again, very heavily. So we found the nearest gas station that didn't already have tons of cars ducking out of the weather and so we ducked ourselves at the closest Valero. We waited it out for about 15 minutes or so and then we went on our way. We thought all of the bad weather had passed. We were almost back to the interstate when to our amazement. . .more hail!!! We tried to find another gas station but all we found was a big bridge to hide under with a ton of other cars trying to make sure they didn't need to call their insurance adjuster yet again. We waited it out for another 15 minutes then decided to brave it. It wasn't hailing anymore, but it was dropping big fat heavy rain. It was so loud that I couldn't hear Jacob talking to me from the backseat. Needless to say, if I don't see hail for a while. . .it will be a really good thing!!! Four times in two weeks is all anyone needs.

P.S. - I still got my pizza in less than an hour, during tornadic activity and a hailstorm--Go Dominos!!!

4 comments:

Jason said...

I can't believe there's no dent in our car and that the sun was out the whole time in San Marcos. Crazy. I've definitely had my share of hail recently. I hope there's no 3rd time's a charm.

Holly Bollinger Photography & Design said...

No kidding. At least we didn't have to call our insurance guy.

schwalka said...

Crack me up about Dominos! That is service. Maybe God wanted me to empathized with you about the hail Storm..because I was caught in one about 2 weeks ago driving home from church. I was SO scared and I was driving alone in the dark in the country!! AHH!

Holly Bollinger Photography & Design said...

I know they are pretty scary. I really thought it was going to break the windows in our apt. It was so loud. At least Jake didn't freak out. That would've been bad.