Tuesday, May 16, 2006

It's Official


We now have a mortgage and are the proud owners of a new home! We signed all the papers yesterday and put all new locks on the doors. Now the repair/clean-up phase commences. It's not going to be fun but seeing the house by the end of next week will be nice. We have to clean, paint, clean, re-carpet, clean, hang doors, clean, do a few minor repiars, clean, put up a wall in the garage, and did I mention clean!!! That house has been shut up for at least 6 months, and it has become very dirty. Putting in new carpet and cleaning should help though. I'll be posting our progress and let you know how it goes. I definitley need to get lots of rubber gloves :) Let the cleaning begin. . .

4 comments:

carahinojosa said...

Congratulations, y'all!

...pictures, please?!?...

Holly Bollinger Photography & Design said...

I'll have to take pictures of the current wall colors. Every room is a different color.

schwalka said...

that is so great!! what a blessing!

RedKev said...

Congrats! I wish we were done in our place in a week. I learned that drilling into 100 year old concrete is hard. Did we tell you it was used as a storage unit by the last owner. I think we are the first to actually live in it.