Friday, March 07, 2008

Piano, Spanish & Grasshoppers...Oh my!


I know I haven't blogged in a while. It's been a weird time in the Bollinger household, but things are getting more normal, and a little easier. Thanks to everyone for all your prayers and support.

In the past few weeks Jacob has started taking piano lessons and Spanish lessons. He also has just signed up for T-ball. He is doing quite well at piano and can already play Mary Had a Little Lamb. He's enjoying doing something on his own without Mommy & Daddy. He is loving school and we are all ready for a break next week. Today, he went to his piano/Spanish lesson and he was wearing a red hoodie. His teacher told him that red was her favorite color and he looked up at her and said, "rojo", so as you can see, Spanish is coming along great as well. He loves taking lessons and he loves his teacher. We all do!!

T-ball starts next week. Last night was our first ever T-ball team meeting. I can't believe I'm about to enter the world of Little League. Jacob is officially a Grasshopper. This is his first year to play outdoor t-ball. We found out last night at the Parent meeting that he will be having practices on Tuesday and Thursday nights as well as games on Saturday. I never wanted sports or any extracurricular activity to rule our family schedule, but I am very excited about the opportunity to meet new people, and to participate within the community. I think Jacob is going to have a lot of fun, and he already has 2 friends from his preschool class on his team which is really good.

So it begins! First up piano, Spanish, and grasshoppers, next stop....turning 6 and starting Kindergarten. It's hard to believe it's almost here, but that will have to be a whole other blog.

2 comments:

carahinojosa said...

Awwww! Joey was a Grasshopper! But he has since left the world of baseball for hockey. Good thing we have a dental plan.

Holly Bollinger Photography & Design said...

I know I can't believe I'm a little league mom. He's doing really well...he is Jason's son.