Saturday, September 17, 2005

Holy Wind

Have you ever read the passage that says the Holy Spirit is like "The Wind". It's in John, chapter 3. Jason spoke on it last Sunday and I have been thinking about it ever since. A friend of mine e-mailed me yesterday and reminded me of it. The Holy Spirit is like the wind. He blows us wherever he wants, if we have handed our loves over to him. Right now He's about to blow me a couple of places I'm scared to go. He's also about to blow some places I can't wait to go. The problem is that Holly's timing is not God's timing. Some thoughts he has placed on my heart make me want to move or go or do right now. Waiting on the wind to blow me is the hard and scary part. I want to plan my life, my dreams and my goals, but the Holy Spirit will blow me when he's ready--for now it's the calm before the storm. I have to sit and wait on the Lord. I have to be still and know that HE is GOD!! Pray for me in this endeavor. God is about to blow his Holy Wind on me and move me. Pray that I will be ready!!!

2 comments:

mmmmm said...

I like Billy Graham's explanation of proving the existence of God by looking at the unseen force of the wind.

Holly Bollinger Photography & Design said...

Awww thanks Joe!!!